Firm tofu, meaty mushrooms and beefy brussel sprouts mixed into a delicious pasta. It's my version of an Italian veggie pasta.
- 1/2 Package of Firm Organic Tofu
- 1/2 Package of White Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 Package of Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 Package of Penne Rigate Pasta
- 1/4 of a Red Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Rosemary
- Pink Himalayin Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Boil water.
- While waiting for water to boil, wash all veggies in a strainer.
- Half all the vegetables.
- Dice tofu.
- Once water is boiled, place brussel sprouts into pot and blanch for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a strainer, remove brussel sprouts from pot and let sit.
- Add pasta to boil water, and cook to desired firmness.
- Add olive oil to a pan and bring temperature to a high heat.
- Add all the vegetables to pan and bring heat slightly down.
- Add tofu to pan 3-5 minutes after vegetables.
- Let vegetables cook with salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder on a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add pasta to pan and cook all contents together for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add all contents into a bowl.
And there you have another healthy, nutritious and delicious meal.
A quick, easy and flavorful side or snack. Celery, carrots and peppers are easy staples to keep in your home, and can be prepared in a variety of ways, or simply eaten raw. I love eating these things on their own, but sometimes you want to bump up the flavor, and I've found Pure Sesame Oil is an awesome option to do this.
Grocery shopping can be super easy. You just have to know what to buy, where to avoid, and when to pick your battles.